Currently searching for an Apartment Manager for apartment community, in Brevard Fl
This dynamic team member will be responsible for the efficient management and general business operations of an apartment community which includes leasing, rent collection, and supervisory leadership in achieving the objectives of the property owner as outlined in the annual budget and policies of the management company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Property Manager, operates the property efficiently in compliance with Company guidelines in order to achieve maximum return on investment (ROI) for the property owner. This includes but is not limited to:
o Collects and secures rental and utility payments.
o Makes daily bank deposits and verifies the accuracy of those deposits.
o Delivers late rent letters, "notices", and personally contacts all residents who have unpaid rent.
o Assists in the eviction process and follow-up procedures.
o Utilizes property management software and other systems:
Inputs daily activity transactions
Prepares accounting records and reports, including Statement of Deposit Account and monthly close out.
• Ensures occupancy targets are at company standards by performing tasks to effectively market and lease apartments while maximizing the retention of current residents.
Uses prescribed sales techniques and methods required by the Company effectively and in a legal and professional manner to show and lease apartments and prepare leases.
• Maintains proficiency with Company equipment and software systems (Yardi, time management, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow Company procedures.
• Plans, coordinates, and participates in resident retention functions.
• Handles or assists in receiving, recording, preparation and follow-up of work orders to facilitate resident's service requests.
• Performs regular physical inspections of the property including vacant and "make-ready" apartments, and follows up with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that work has been completed to Company standards.
• Models a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards residents, co-workers, and all visitors to the property.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work.
• 2+ years of property management experience preferred.
• Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend Spanish at a fluent level strongly preferred.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
• High school diploma required.
• Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency a plus.
• Proficiency with standard office equipment including computer, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculator, fax machine, and electronic scanner.
• Supervisory level math skills including the ability to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, time keeping records, etc.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation in order to make bank deposits, attend meetings, pick-up supplies, distribute marketing etc. as needed.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers