First UMC Titusville is looking for a part-time nursery worker on Sunday mornings, 8:45-11:30, Tuesday nights, 6:15-7:45, and other occasional events. Applicant must be a believer in Jesus Christ, have a heart to share God's love with children, pass a background check and take a church provided Child and youth abuse prevention course. Position is available immediately. Please send a letter of interest with qualifications and references.
The Nursery worker is to welcome and care for children who come to the nursery with a goal of teaching them that church is a fun place to be. This includes:
1. Providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, songs, crafts, and play.
2. Keeping the nursery clean and hazard-free.
1. Arrive in the nursery at least 15 minutes before the start of the service or event.
2. Let the church office know of future absences at least one week in advance. Notify the Church office and nursery committee as soon as possible when there is to be an unexpected absence due to illness, etc.
3. Be a believer in Jesus Christ and a Christ-like example of His love and care to each child and their parents.
4. Pray for the children
5. Notify the nursery committee when supplies are needed.
6. If no children are present, spend that time creatively such as:
• helping in children's church
• attending worship
• or assisting with other needs as required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers