compensation: $17-$19/hr (depending on experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Small business in Titusville currently seeking a FT, Human Resources Generalist
Work hours: 8a - 5p
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating a variety of personnel related administration. The HR Generalist's responsibilities include leading the HR department to accurately processing payroll, personnel files, and the management of HR's activities, policies, and procedures in accordance with state and federal employment laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains current knowledge of compliance with State and Federal human resource law and provides
training and information to management staff
• Oversee the file maintenance of all employee files in an organized and confidential manner (applications,
resumes, I-9, EEO reporting, etc.)
• Manage and execute the payroll process accurately and promptly (hours worked, employee pay, related tax
payments, deductions, etc.) bi-weekly and report to accounting
• Responsible for ACA monitoring, understanding, and communicating concerns to management regarding
employee work hours, and reporting via payroll system (maintaining compliance)
• Create and finalize SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) for the HR department
• Initiate and manage recruitment of new candidates, as needed
• Coordinate preparation of paperwork for the Managers/Supervisors before interviews
• Manage employment verification processing for new hire candidates
• Review processing, reporting, and filing of New hire paperwork
• Review terminations fully, including insurance, payroll, and state/federal reporting agencies (if applicable)
• Manage, and document, any personnel issues that arise and notify the appropriate manager/supervisor so a
resolution can be reached in a legal and timely manner
• Communicate professionally with and answer questions or concerns employees may have and need assistance
with regards HR (policies, payroll, workers comp, PTO, etc.)
• Ensure accurate processing & adherence regarding Family Medical Leave Act Paperwork - complete FMLA
• Manage the accurate completion of audit postings for compliance as needed no less than each new year, and
make sure to get updated information posted when necessary (Min Wage, FMLA, WC, etc.)
• Handle and organize employee review and evaluation procedures and execution
• Supervise workers compensation claim processes (action packets, postings, reporting, & follow-up, etc.)
• Oversee and coordinate benefits enrollment process Hand Insurance Packets out, explain benefits offers to
employees, coordinate benefit meetings, and make sure information is completed and returned to the
appropriate party in a timely manner.
• Oversee entry, processing, and termination of employees in insurance systems
• Manage benefit related issues to resolve problems
• Processing and monitoring employees' leave requests, reprimands, certifications, etc.
• Manage and process unemployment claims and other EEO correspondence, as needed
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics/codes
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• Minimum three, current years of HR work experience
• Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• High level of confidentially and professionalism
• Ability to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Proficient user of ADP Workforce Now payroll system
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
• Associates Degree from accredited institution; Bachelor's Degree preferred
• SHRM Certification, preferred but not required
• Ability to work in a seated position for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand, reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in an environment where you could be exposed to heat, cold, steam, etc.
• Frequently typing, writing, and filing
• Limited, local travel may occur
• Occasional stair climbing
PLEASE NOTE: Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the company. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email resumes
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers