compensation: 13.00 to 16.00HR depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a 90 Day (+ or -) Temp to possible hire position through a Staffing Agency. You must reply to this ad with a Word document resume as it is required by the end client. Applicants will go through a background check and substance screening. A background in manufacturing of composites materials is required.
Position Description: The tooling technician provides support for production tooling needs and engineering development programs. Responsible for building and maintaining of tools and trim fixtures as well as participate in the development of tooling in compliance with engineering drawings and customer specifications. May prepare estimates for building trim fixtures and tools. Maintain records. This position supports development and manufacturing of precision composite products for aerospace and military industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build new tooling as required by Production or Engineering and document labor and materials.
2. Perform surface and structural mold/tool repairs and configuration changes.
3. Inspect trim fixtures to identify any non-conformities and document repairs required per QMS.
4. Maintain composite and RTM tools in good working condition. Ensure that tool surfaces are prepared & released and free of defect.
5. Maintain tool associated hardware such as inserts, nuts and bolts.
6. Coordinate with production manager to schedule required work in an efficient manner to avoid delays in production schedule.
7. Support team efforts to improve quality, cost and timing of mold repairs or changes and work in a manner that contributes to meeting or exceeding department performance objectives.
8. Perform all work in an efficient manner and make efficient use of materials and tooling supplies and inventories.
9. General shop duties including housekeeping of work area. Maintain 5S area and support other areas as well.
10. Knowledgeable in hooking and rigging procedures, use of overhead hoist/crane and drive a forklift.
11. Participate in Lean initiatives.
12. Tooling Technician maybe trained on specific program parts using the SWO to develop their competency.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or experience: Minimum of a GED or High School Diploma and at least 2-4 years of experience working with composite tooling.
2. Knowledge of tolerances, dimensions and blue print reading.
3. Ability to plan, constructs, alters, and repairs a variety of tools and trim fixtures to very close tolerances.
4. Experienced with a variety of materials and their characteristics such as glass fiber, kevlar, carbon fiber fabrics, and honeycomb.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers