compensation: Compensation is based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
W.W. Gay Mechanical Contractor of Orlando, Inc. is looking for a hardworking and motivated Sheet Metal Journeyman. Specific responsibilities for the position include the following:
• Prepare, fabricate and install sheet metal duct to specifications
• Trade knowledge of all joint methods for sheet metal duct including but not limited to slip and drive, TDC/F, and Ductmate
• Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks
• Install hangers, supports, according to plans or shop drawings and applicable specifications
• Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment
• Read and interpret project drawings and specifications
• Lay out of work including hanger locations, duct routes, and equipment pads/curbs
• Installing rectangular and spiral duct work
• Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
• Mechanic must have 5 to years of experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation
• Physically capable of lifting at least 50 lbs overhead
• Ability to work on both ladders and scissor/boomlifts in accordance with safety policies
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
• Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, and wind
• OSHA 10-hour card
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
• Other Requirements: - Valid Driver's License. - Verifiable employment eligibility via E-Verify. - Possess all hand tools of the trade
Compensation is based on experience
W.W. Gay Mechanical Contractor of Orlando, Inc. is a federal contractor and equal opportunity employer. Our employment processes are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify as female, minority, veteran, and disabled candidates in their application as preference will be given to these candidates.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers