compensation: Excellent Hourly Rate & Full Benefit Package Available employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Candidate must be able to program CMM's, preferably using Calypso software and also has hands on work experience working with AS9100 standards, AS9102 forms and procedures. If you have both of these quality's we want to talk with you!!!!
Job Title: Quality Inspector III
Department: Quality Control
Reports: Quality Control Manager
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; AA/AS degree desirable
Experience: Minimum technical school/CMM programming experience/4 years of work experience Quality Assurance field or 6 years work experience Quality Assurance field
/3 years minimum programming experience.
Quality Inspector III reports to the Quality Control Manager and takes his directions and priorities from him. Quality Inspector III ensures the quality of the parts produced meet all customer expectations and quickly and effectively takes action when non- conformances are found. Reports problems or inconsistencies to the supervisor; works with minimal instruction making decisions related to job.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Mentors junior inspection personnel in inspection methodology.
• Establishes and creates programs for use with Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
• Sets up and operates Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) using pre-existing inspection programs
• Inspects hardware using standard inspection tools
• Reads and understands aerospace specifications including AS9100 and AS9102, military specifications, industry specifications, and manufacturing instructions.
• Performs inspections and record inspection data associated with First Piece Inspections, First Article Inspections, Receiving Inspections, Final Inspections, and Work-in-Process Inspection
• Controls and maintains paperwork, documents, certifications and records
• Performs other duties as required.
Experience and Skills Required:
• High School diploma or equivalent; AA/AS degree desirable.
• Minimum technical school/CMM programming experience/4 years of work experience Quality Assurance field or 6 years work experience Quality Assurance field /3 years minimum programming experience.
• Experience in creating programs for, setting up and operating Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Calypso software knowledge is a plus.
• Proficient using Standard inspection tools.
• The ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, formulas, aerospace specifications including AS9100 and AS9102, military specifications, industry specifications, and manufacturing instructions.
• Combination of excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in standard office equipment and computers especially Windows applications.
• Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be in good physical condition and able to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and bend to the floor.
• Able to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move and/or lift objects.
• Able to exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently to lift and/or move objects.
• Able to exert up to 10 pounds constantly to lift and/or move objects.
• Specific visual acuity abilities required by job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
• Ability to work independently and on a team.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers