compensation: Excellent Hourly Rate & Full Benefit Package Available employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB TITLE: Welder III-2nd Shift
REPORTS: Production Supervisor
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 10+ YEARS
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that are essential to the evaluation of the job. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified in the job are expected to perform all the details involved and, on occasion, may be required to perform functions of a higher or lower skill level not included in this classification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for passing all required certifications
• Review the work orders and blueprints to understand the requirements of each job.
• Discuss the methods of fabrication to be used for each job with the supervisor or lead person.
• Prepare the work area for each job and gather the materials required to fabricate and weld the job.
• Follow the proper procedures and operation sheets to assure compliance with the requirements of the jobs.
• Complete the documentation properly for the jobs.
• Use good shop practices to assure the accuracy and quality required for the jobs.
• Notify the weld lead of problems with the work orders, documentation, production hardware, and methods of fabrication.
• Perform the work required so as to meet the required quality, delivery.
• Re-qualify as required to the certifications required by the current work.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area.
• Keep equipment and machines clean and in good working order.
• Promote good moral and communications among all employees.
• Follow company policies.
• Able to determine weld shrink allowances on welded fabrications
• Able to fabricate and weld aids that are needed for the fabrication of weld jobs.
• Able to perform special process Class A (x-ray) welding of aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, nickel alloys and exotic alloys (i.e. titanium) Plate, Sheet and Pipe on metal thickness range of .032- .500" IAW Nadcap, AWS, Navsea, and customer specifications.
• Able to perform welding applications in 1F, 1G (flat), 2F, 2G (horizontal), 3F, 3G (vertical) weld positions.
• Able to hold weld tolerances of +/-.01
• Operation and setup of Tig & Mig welding machines, plasma oxy acetylene torches, press, hand tools. I.e. sanders & grinders, drills, orbital sanders
• Basic math and computer knowledge.
• Comprehension of blue prints, weld symbols and geometric tolerances.
• Ability to determine weld shrinkage allowances on welded fabrications.
• Ability to determine and design fixtures required to fabricate jobs.
• Ability to bench/straighten welded fabrications while maintaining the soundness and quality of the job.
• Ability to determine fabrication methods and weld sequences on difficult jobs.
• Ability to determine and maintain dimensional requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
• May need forklift certification.
• Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected.
• Ability to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms for length of shift.
• Ability to meet production requirements as specified.
• Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative).
• Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
• Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Attention to detail.
• Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical Welding Certifications preferred
• 10+ Yrs. GTAW, GMAW, welding process of Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloys, 10+ Yrs. General shop experience
Shapes Precision Manufacturing is an Affirmative Action Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers