The main function of the Soldering Specialist is to assemble and solder micro-miniature electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. Must be proficient soldering 0402 components and using hot air. This position may cross work as an assembler.
2) Rate:$12-15/hr (depends on experience)
3) Type: full-time
4) Schedule:40hrs/week Monday through Friday anytime between 9am to 5pm
5) Primary Location: Melbourne, FL
6) Soldering Duties and Responsibilities
- Must know how to make prototype boards with given parts.
- Must know how to solder SMT parts sized 0402 or smaller.
- Must know how to use hot air to remove components.
- Completes work orders by following written or verbal instructions, production drawings, and sample assemblies.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in fixture or other holding device.
- Joins or secure parts in place by using crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, and press fits.
- Mounts assembled components on a chassis panel including transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Executes intermediate assembly tasks including potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, coating, stamping, etching, impregnating, color coding parts and assemblies.
- Conducts testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Provides feedback to Engineering department to improve manufacturability.
- Cleans subassemblies (may involve the use of alcohol, acetone, or Flux-Off).
- Maintains production procedures.
- Repairs work as requested (replacing batteries, antennas, etc.).
- Participates in company safety plan.
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Performs work on evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
7) Assembly Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work instructions to determine job specifications, machine operation and process specifications
- Expected to meet all safety procedures
- Recognizes irregularities in products and alerts the assigned personnel
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed regulations
- Responsible for producing a quality product using the quality plans and work instructions and at an acceptable production standard rate
- Handles fragile glass and small parts
- Assembles, marks, packs, and finishes work pieces
- Quality check every assembled part and process
- Other duties may be assigned
- Will have to meet daily goals of quality and quantity items assembled
- Manual dexterity and mechanically inclined
- Basic manufacturing/quality knowledge
- Ability to follow quality plans and work instructions
- Ability to use common tools of machine operations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
- Minimum of a 6th grade English level, including:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Basic English communication skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) to be able to communicate and discuss with English speaking internal and external customers * Manual dexterity and mechanically inclined
- Must have reliable transportation
- Punctuality and great work ethic
- Must be available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
- Familiarity in the Manufacturing and/or Production industries a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
10) Working Environment:
- Little physical activity in a warehouse environment, with occasional moving boxes or objects around. Requires mostly sitting on a chair operating tools, with occasional walking. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.