Richman Property Services, Inc. is currently seeking a hands-on, team-oriented Maintenance Supervisor with a can-do attitude!
As one of the nation's top ten residential property owners, our mission is to ensure that our residents live in a quality apartment community they can be proud of. Our team accomplishes this by delivering optimal customer service and creating a safe and inviting home.
The Maintenance Supervisor will work out of Mantee Cove, our 192 unit residential community located in Melbourne, FL!
The success of the company is dependent upon the satisfaction of our residents. Our devoted staff maintains direct involvement in managing each of our properties and tending to their needs.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the supervision and direction of employees in support positions and for ensuring all upkeep, inventory, record/logs and repair of grounds, apartments and buildings of the property are completed in an efficient manner under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Oversee the daily repair and upkeep of the property
- Manage the preparation of vacant units for occupancy within established deadlines
- Manage service requests and response times, ensuring completion within established deadlines while warranting responsive, efficient and courteous customer service
- Assist in team effort of maintaining curb appeal and general cleanliness of buildings and grounds
- Interview, screen and recommend candidates for any potential maintenance technician or grounds personnel
- Execute the subsequent training of all maintenance or grounds personnel
- Manage the scheduling and direct supervision of all in-house and/or vendor work
- Maintain the supply and tool inventory. Oversee the ordering and delivery of all necessary supplies and equipment for the maintenance and grounds departments under the direction and with the approval of the Property Manager
- Assist in the disciplinary or promotional recommendations required for all maintenance and grounds personnel
- Ensure OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards are met at all times
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and reporting any safety concerns/issues to the Property Manager, Regional Manager or Maintenance Operations Manager
- Enforce adherence to section 608 of The Clean Air Act
- Ensure the proper care, maintenance and inventory of all Richman Property Services tools and equipment
- Ensure the proper care, maintenance and inventory of all personal tools required by Richman Property Services
- Maintain logs and records
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property through the Incident Report Form
- Maintain the required property uniform and ensure a professional image and attitude at all times
- Maintain thorough knowledge of RICHMAN PROPERTY SERVICES, INC policies and procedures. Uphold and demonstrate the philosophy that residents are number one priority by providing exceptional customer service
- Seek educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development
- Work within budgetary guidelines when purchasing supplies or services
- Oversee and carry out the on-going property preventative maintenance plan
- On call duties are required and overtime may be necessary periodically
- Complete required tasks such as required training, logs and reports in a timely manner
- Other duties as may be periodically assigned by Manager, Regional Manager or Maintenance Operations Manager
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; or trade/technical school or industry related courses preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years maintenance experience as a Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Superintendent or as a Maintenance Technician II with Richman Property Services.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- REQUIRED: EPA Section 608 Type I and II or Universal Technician license required
- Valid/Active Driver's License Required!
- Knowledge in maintenance to include carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, painting, drywall, buffing and waxing, use of power tools (pools and irrigation systems where necessary)
- Purchasing and bidding
- Able to assess damage and estimate cost of repair
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws
- Knowledge of Fair housing Laws
- Record Keeping, organization and supervisory skills
- Current CPO (Certified Pool Operator) License required on properties with pools
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must own tools where applicable